- Special concentric, high-density, polished, solid ceramic plungers are resistant to abrasion and result in extended seal life.
- Specially formulated, CAT PUMP exclusive Hi-Pressure Seal offers unmatched performance and seal life. Optional FPM, EPDM, PTFE or other special materials for application compatibility.
- 100% wet cup/seal design adds to service life by allowing pumped liquids to cool and lubricate the elastomers on both sides.
- The high strength stainless steel plunger rods have a 360° supported crosshead providing uncompromising plunger rod alignment.
- Matched oversized connecting rods are made of strength alloys with exceptional bearing quality.
- High strength forged brass manifolds. Optional 316 stainless steel, nickel aluminum bronze or Duplex SS for exceptional corrosion resistance.
- Oversized ball bearings or tapered roller bearing provide extended bearing life.
- Chrome-moly crankshaft provides unmatched strength and surface hardness for long life.
- The patented stepped piston rod with hard chrome-plated sleeve provides a durable wear surface and easy wet-end servicing.
- The cylinder and sleeve wear surfaces are hard chrome-plated stainless steel for longer service life.
- The stainless steel slinger provides back-up protection for the crankcase oil seal, keeping pumped liquids out of the crankcase.
- Die cast aluminum crankcase offers high strength, light weight, and excellent tolerance control. Optional cast iron.
- Spherical Quiet Valves offer self-centering and positive seating. Stainless Steel valves, seats and springs provide corrosion resistance and extended service life.
Selecting a CAT PUMP
The following steps will simplify the selection of a CAT PUMP. CAT PUMPS are triplex reciprocating plunger or piston pumps. They deliver a specified amount of flow determined by a bore, stroke and RPM of the pump.
- Frame sizes As the frame size increases, the bore and stroke increase, resulting in higher flow capacity through the CAT PUMP and higher horsepower
- Plunger Pumps Chemical and wear resistant ceramic plungers reciprocate through static high and low pressure seals. CAT PUMPS plunger pumps handle high pressures, require little maintenance and have a variety of drive options meeting many demanding requirements
- Piston Pumps Dynamic piston assemblies, Uniflow valve design and mechanically actuated inlet valves result in strong suction capabilities
- Manifold Material Select a manifold material to match the liquid requirements. CAT PUMPS have a variety of materials to handle your requirements: Brass (BB) 304 Stainless Steel (S), 316 Stainless Steel (SS), Duplex Stainless Steel (SSD), 316 Stainless Steel Low Carbon (SSL) or Nickel Aluminum Bronze (NAB). For hi-temp or low-lubricity liquids select the block-style or special flushed version (SSL Flushed). See our Chemical Capability Guide under Service on the CAT PUMPS web site to aid in selecting your manifold material
- Drive Type CAT PUMPS are known for their drive-end durability and dependability. We offer a variety of drive types to meet your requirements. Belt driven. Clutch, direct-drive and gearbox for gas or diesel engines, electric motors, or hydraulic power sources are available.